You must make yourself aware of all event information provided in the entry form and website.
• Entry is via this online website only
• Entries must be received by 5.00 pm, 22nd March 2019
• Late entries (received after 13th March 2019) will incur a late fee of $15 for Le Race Petite, $25 for 100km individuals & $50 for 100km teams.
• Entries will be confirmed via email.
• Entries will be limited to the first 1000.
• No entries will be accepted on race day.
• In extreme weather or Force Majeure Le Race may be cancelled at any time.
• All Entry Fees, whether through entrant withdrawal and/or event cancellation, are strictly non-refundable.
Le Race has some extremely fast down hills, tricky descents and slippery cattle stops. In the best interests of rider safety, competitors must have their bikes and helmets safety-checked.
These checks are free and available from 1st March - 22nd March - location TBA
Pre-Race Registration and Race Pack pick-up is Friday 22nd March, 11:00am-6:00pm - location TBA
NOTE: Out of town competitors can collect their race packs on race day. Please allow an extra 30 minutes for this.
Le Race - On The Day Race Briefing is 7:30am prior to the start. This is compulsory.
Race Start for Le Race™ is 8:00am at Cathedral Square
Prize Giving is at 10:30am at Little River for Le Race Petite and at 2:00pm in the Akaroa Domain for the full Le Race event.
We recommend that you ride with enough food and fluid (Pure is the official energy provider) for a ride of 3-6 hours.
A drink station providing water will be situated at Little River, the Hilltop and halfway along the Summit Road.
• All riders will be issued with an electronic transponder band that you wear on your ankle or attached to your front wheel skewer at all times during the event.
• The transponder records your start and finishing time.
• If you withdraw from the event, either after registration or during the event, you must return the transponder to the finish line to announce your withdrawal.
• Results and finishing times will be published on www.lerace.co.nz.
• All entrants are eligible to win merit & spot prizes.
• All merit prizes are calculated on gun time.
• Only riders completing the entire course are eligible for the Combined Team awards. (Ensemble)
• Only riders completing the entire course are eligible to win either the King or Queen of the Mountain.
• Entrants must be present at the prize giving to qualify for spot prizes.
Akaroa is an historic French and British settlement nestled in the heart of an ancient volcano. Explore the village with the week, your weekend, or just one day there's an Akaroa Escape to suit your mood.
Akaroa accommodation gets sold out in advance over the Le Race Weekend, so if you want to make a weekend of Le Race then book rooms for you and your supporters. www.akaroa.com
You must read all safety information.
• All entrants must attend the pre-race briefing.
• It is compulsory to have your bike checked out prior to the event.
• All entrants must wear a NZ Standards Approved bicycle helmet at all times during the event.
• During the event St Johns event service vehicles will be on the course to administer first aid, attend to situations that arise, and provide emergency transport.
•The supporters of entrants are not allowed to follow any event by car or bike in any fashion.
•The event takes place entirely on public roads, and although traffic management and/or restrictions are in force at intersections and other parts of the course, competitors must at all times assume that all roads are open to traffic in both directions.
• You must obey all road rules and directions of event officials and police at all times.
• Roads are narrow and you must keep left at all times.
• Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant.
• Organisers reserve the right to void any entry and/or disqualify any entrant who breaks race rules, fails to sign waiver or brings the event into disrepute.
I acknowledge that in the interests of safety, organisers will disqualify any rider who rides over the centre line.
Individuals: Age group on event day. Go you good thing - do the whole 100km!
Le Race Petite: This is the perfect event for those not quite ready for the full 100km traditional Le Race course. Total distance is 53km.
Best Costume: If you like to stand out from the crowd, there is a prize for best costume! Why not wear your country's colours?
Clydesdale: Riders must weigh in at 100kgs or more.
Mountain Bike: Grab your mountain bike and ride a true mountain stage. Bikes must have 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels and mountain bike handle bars. Tyres MUST be 1.25 inches or 32 mm in width.
Tandem: One open category for tandem riders.
Fastest CEO/Director: Rider must be a CEO or Director of their primary workplace.
Relay Ride: There are grades for:
Relais 2: Take on half each - challenge a friend, neighbour or work colleague to team up with you.
Team Stages- Relais 2
Stage One - the bunch part Cathedral Square to Little River. Approx 55km.
Stage Two - the really long hill part The Little River Domain to the Finish line.Approx 45km.
Ensemble 4: Just like the New Zealand Pursuit Team, get three friends together and compete as a team with each member going the full distance, your combined individual times giving the overall team time and placing. You'll still get to compete as an individual as well - so you'll be in two categories.
Ensemble 4 (corporate): The 4 riders are to be from the same work place. All team members ride the 100km course and their combined times are the team result. A great idea to get the work place fired up.
Ensemble 4 (social): The 4 riders all ride the 100km course and their combined times are the team result. A great idea to get your mates fired up.
You must read this carefully before signing Waiver on the entry form.
I/We accept that road cycling involves risk and acknowledge I/we enter at my/our own risk.
I/We have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely.
I/We accept that the event cycles on public roads and that I/we will share the road with other users.
I/We agree to follow the set course and abide by legal road rules, event signage and the directions of event officials and police at all times. I/We understand that it is compulsory to attend the Pre-Race Briefing.
I understand that I must reach the Hilltop by 12.00 pm to remain in Le Race.
I/We hereby consent to receive medical treatment in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
I/We accept that if the event is cancelled I/we will not be given a refund.
I/We agree that organisers and sponsors of this event may use any information given to the organisers for purposes connected with the event and to provide me/us with details of other products, services and events.
I/We agree to allow any photographic, film or audio likeness to be used by the organisers, sponsors and/or assignees at no cost.
I/We will not hold organisers, officials, sponsors and/or any person involved with the event liable for any loss or injury to person or equipment.
I/We agree to take responsibility for my/our own actions and will not take any legal proceedings (whether by myself, or by my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and/or successors) for any matter against the following person or entities: Tailwind Events (2015) Ltd, Tail Wind Events Limited, Mainland Cycling Limited, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, event organizers, volunteers, all cities, towns, regions, districts, properties and/or other areas in which the event may be staged, and their (its) representatives, respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
I realise that I may be disqualified and pulled from the event if I am not abiding by these rules.
I am at least fifteen (15) years old on race day. If I have entered and under 18 years of age, my terms and conditions have been signed by my Parent or Guardian.
I understand that I am not to wear earphones while in the race.
I understand that I am not to have Aero Bars attached to my bike while racing.
I understand that I am not to use seat mounted bottles as bottles do NOT stay in them over the 8 cattle stops.
I understand that any form of littering during the event may lead to my disqualification from Le Race.
I/We agree and confirm that I/we have read, understand and accept all information, rules and waivers as provided on the event entry form and website, and that I/we will abide by the event organisers decisions at all times.
Tail Wind Events (2015) Ltd.
Tel: 021 440 488